We’ve booked our stay at Green Lake Guest House, a small 4-bedroom bed and breakfast just north of the space needle. During the days, Patrick will be heading to a Real Estate appraisal class, and I (hopefully) will be looking out the window of our gorgeous little cottage writing a book. Yep. It’s happening.
So, while we’re there—what do we need to do? Who do we need to see? What friends of yours can we get drinks with?
Here are some ideas we’ve accumulated…
- Madison Park Conservatory – Chef Cormac Mahoney voted one of Food and Wine’s Best New Chefs in 2012, along with our friends Josh and Erik.
- Willows Inn– farm to table cuisine, reminiscent of Blue Hill at Stone Barns.
- Top Pot – doughnuts!
- Walrus and the Carpenter – oyster bar… are you kidding me… I can’t wait for this.
- Kwanjai Thai – local thai food spot in the Fremont area. Mmm, massaman.
- Dot’s Delicatessan – this seems like a place to make a picnic, and I’ve learned that the Roquefort pâte is not to be missed. But, what is Roquefort pâte?
- Portage Bay Cafe – thanks for your comment, Marisa! BRUNCH!
- Zig Zag – for cocktails
- Starbucks – don’t judge me.
- Milstead & Co. – apparently this is the Barista Parlor of Seattle
- Cafe Bambino – anyone else heard of this spot?
Okay… so what on this list should stay? What should go? What should I add?
Come on, folks! We’re counting on you!